The 64-acre Oregon Zoo is located just a few miles away, The zoo has five major exhibit areas: Great Northwest, Fragile Forests, Asia, Pacific Shores and Africa. Within these large areas are 23 specialized exhibits. Animals of the Oregon Zoo
- 1,800 individual animals represent 232 species or subspecies of birds, mammals, reptiles, amphibians, fish and invertebrates*
- 19 endangered species and 9 threatened species live at the zoo.*
- The zoo is active in 63 Species Survival Plans.*
- Native plants of the Pacific Northwest's temperate rainforests have been cultivated to create naturalistic exhibits, pathways and vistas within the zoo.
- More than 1,000 species of exotic plants thrive in the zoo's botanical gardens, including firebird heliconia, pelican flower and ground orchid. Some are harvested and given to the animals as browse.